Additional Resources & Partners
USDA Food & Nutrition Service
The USDA’s Food and Nutrition Service governs the nutritional content of meals for the CACFP SFSP, and SBP programs. Their website provides specific details about meal pattern and reimbursement requirements. The CACFP provides over 3.3 million kids and 120,000 adults with nutritious meals and snacks everyday
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service - http://www.fns.usda.gov/
- CACFP - http://www.fns.usda.gov/cacfp/child-and-adult-care-food-program-cacfp
- SFSP - http://www.fns.usda.gov/sfsp/summer-food-service-program-sfsp
Feeding America is the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Through a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks and food rescue organizations Feeding America helps provide food to over 37 millions Americans each year. Feeding America’s BackPack program helps feed over 230,000 food insecure children and their families with over weekends and vacations every year.
- Feeding America - http://feedingamerica.org/
- Feeding America, Nutrition - http://feedingamerica.org/how-we-fight-hunger/programs-and-services/nutrition.aspx
- Feeding America, BackPack Program - http://feedingamerica.org/how-we-fight-hunger/programs-and-services/child-hunger/BackPack-program.aspx
School Nutrition Association
The School Nutrition Association (SNA) is a national, nonprofit professional organization representing more than 55,000 members who provide high-quality, low-cost meals to students across the country. SNA works as a children’s nutrition advocate that seeks well-nourished students prepared for success.
- School Nutrition Association - http://www.schoolnutrition.org/
- School Nutrition Association, Breakfast Menu - http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=19082